Spam Karma stats now shown

“Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate…”

If you look at the footer of any page, you’ll see the current statistics on how many spam comments have been dealt with by Spam Karma 2 since I installed it on the 9th of July.

As you can see, managing even a moderately successful weblog like this one would be a full time task without automated help like this.

I have also upgraded the Spam Karma 2 software to the latest version.

Posted Jul 31, 2005 at 7:17 AM | Permalink

Since July 9, 5,904 comments have rejected by Spam Karma, of which about 10 pertained to Hunter and the other 5900 pertained to poker sites and miscellaneous invasions etc. etc. I’ve manually marked 3 Hunter posts as spam. As John A. says, it is now impossible to check manually. So if anyone thinks that they’ve been incorrectly handled, send an email and we’ll look at it. Steve

Posted Sep 21, 2005 at 11:45 AM | Permalink

This is an interesting issue in terms of the internet and how it will evolve. Will attack or defense win? Could we “overfish the commons”? The work of Hagel (NET WORTH, NET GAIN) on ‘people paying for privacy’ in the late 90s seems very prescient here.

3. Posted Dec 8, 2006 at 7:38 PM | Permalink

WordPress Trackback Spam!!!
    I have installed plugins that prevent comment spams, but this won't prevent trackback to be blocked. I've been spam by many
    MFA websites that most probably is from the same network with trackback, but they are not linking me on their website. May I
    know how do they do it and how do I stop it? Without disabling trackback?
    Thanks, and I'm using WordPress.

4. Posted May 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM | Permalink

It was very useful to me to read this article and the comments on it. I have similar problems with my blog and wondered how to ward off spam. How I am more confident about what plugins to install. Thank you very much for the helpful information!

5. MJW
    Posted Jun 6, 2008 at 2:02 AM | Permalink

Well, the previous two comments are a bit ironic, I’d say.

6. jeez
    Posted Jun 6, 2008 at 2:26 AM | Permalink

Can’t resist.

7. MJW
    Posted Jun 19, 2008 at 2:01 AM | Permalink

My previous comment (currently #5) now makes no sense. At the time I posted it, that obnoxious spambot that always puts weird characters in the headings and ellipses within brackets inside the comments had added two “comments” in its own inimitable fashion.