A small request

In order to build a new dedicated server for CA, I need access to a Windows share or a Samba equivalent on the Internet for 24 hours. If anyone has such a facility with space for a 4.3 GB DVD image, then could they contact me?

Posted Jun 8, 2007 at 7:50 AM | Permalink | Reply

We’ve got an excellent offer on this. No more needed.

2. Posted Jun 8, 2007 at 11:11 PM | Permalink | Reply

What server OS did you decide to go with?

Posted Jun 9, 2007 at 1:19 AM | Permalink | Reply

I’m going for CentOS5

4. Posted Jun 9, 2007 at 8:53 AM | Permalink | Reply

Until we shut it down (too many problems with other ISP’s blocking our outgoing e-mail due to dynamic Ip address of home server) our home server was running RH9 and it was solid as a rock. I think Cent will be a good choice. Now that I have my Calif State sales tax done (stupid sales tax), I will install any toy with CentOS / RHEL cousin Fedora 7.

5. Neal J. King
    Posted Jul 10, 2007 at 4:42 PM | Permalink | Reply

I interrupt normal programming to announce that I have received answers to questions, generated in discussion at the ClimateAudit blog, directed to D.E. Parker concerning his study on the Urban Heat Island effect, and its effect (or lack thereof) on the perception of global warming through land-based temperature measurements.

You can find his responses at:
    http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=1718#comment-119294 ,
    starting at entry #386.

6. MarkW
    Posted Jul 10, 2007 at 4:53 PM | Permalink | Reply

snip

7. Steve Sadlov
    Posted Jul 10, 2007 at 5:49 PM | Permalink | Reply

RE: #6 – Like Steve Milesworthy, yet another AGW fanatic troll who cruises under the radar screen, trying to appear “unbiased” while lying in wait to unleash a John Hunter-like “gotcha.” At least that’s the deal according to my naturally suspicious nature …. LOL.