climateaudit was not really hijacked. The domain registration was scheduled to expire on Jan 31, 2007. An invoice for this was sent in December 2006. My credit card had rolled over since the previous payment. So when the server attempted to process the domain registration, the payment was refused. They notified me and I sent new credit card particulars and settled the invoice on Jan 7, 2007, but the process got interrupted, and on Feb 1, the site got lost in cyber-space. I heard about problems last night but I got the site OK. It turns out that DNS changes, whatever they are, propagate through the internet at varying rates and so different people could see different things depending on locations. Nothing could be done until accounting people arrived at work in Vancouver at about 11 am Eastern time. They sorted it out quickly. For a whlie, it was working all right in Vancouver but not in Toronto, but it’s working here now. I presume that it will take a while to sort out around the world. Sorry about this.
When I look at posting information, not everyone seems to have been affected. During the past 2 days, about 170 comments have been posted and, at least one comment was posted per hour except for one crash for about 3 hours due to our more usual operating problem – traffic overload.